- Warm up, stretching and cool down.
- Paced practice. Frequently we see high loads in short periods
- Technique exercise and help with a music teacher.
- Advice on instrument set up and fit.
Physiotherapy will not just assist in screening for problems, but unpick the control and movement issues that make musicians needlessly suffer.
2. Silva, F., Brismée, J., Sizer, P., Hooper, T., Robinson, G., & Diamond, A. (2018). Musicians injuries: Upper quarter motor control deficits in musicians with prolonged symptoms - A case-control study. Musculoskeletal Science And Practice, 36, 54-60. doi: 10.1016/j.msksp.2018.04.006
3. Hodges, P., & Tucker, K. (2011). Moving differently in pain: A new theory to explain the adaptation to pain. Pain, 152(Supplement), S90-S98. doi: 10.1016/j.pain.2010.10.020